Wednesday, August 4, 2010

De'ja Favre??

Yes, again I find myself staring at a newspaper filled with Brett Favre's sad, old face. Excuse me, ma'am, what year is it? Ohh, thank you, 2010, not 2008. I feel like I'm reliving my summers over and over, since this story about Favre hasn't changed.

Seriously, he needs to retire and stay retired. He should not, I repeat, he should NOT, say he's going to retire, miss training camp (on purpose...I honestly think that's what he's doing) and then make a public announcement saying, "I'M BAAAAACK!!!"

Now, to clear up how I feel about Favre, (if I'm hard to read, already) I should tell you my history with him. Back when he was playing with the Packers, I loved him. I wanted to marry him, or at least have his babies, so my babies could grow up and play professional football and make their mother lots of money. Needless to say, he was like a god in Wisconsin. Then he said he was retiring (the first time, not to be confused with the second or the third), and I cried. I cried over a professional football player.

After he said he was returning, I was all happy again, but a little peeved. When the Packers didn't really have a place for him, I understood the position they were in. Then I grew to love Aaron Rodgers and now I want to have his babies. Brett Favre played for the Jets, and it didn't bother me, because well, the Packers and the Jets never played each other.

Then, Favre called it quits again, but later caught the eyes of the Purple People Eaters - the Vikings...ick. Excuse me while I throw up. And that's how Favre became a Viking. I was spitting angry!!!!!!! I almost cried again, for why would Brett do such a thing? In the name of FOOTBALL, why would Favre (a once beloved Packer, turn away from the team that gave him life, the team that made him great, and become a Viking? Why? Why?) So after I grieved for his ignorance to all of Wisconsin, I began to dislike Favre.

Sure, he played one helluva season with the Vikes, but stick a fork in him-he's done.

Well, for now at least.

But just think, the Packers are really gaining ground here. They had a pretty good season last year, and with Favre out of the picture for the Vikings, I'm expecting great things for Rodgers' and company.

And Brett or Aaron, if you're reading this, I guess...ya know...if you're up to it, that "baby offer" will never expire :)

13 comments:

  1. I'm with you! I'm tired of hearing all the news on Brett Favre. Now I hear on the news, "It's a great day for Twins baseball" and "Will Brett Favre retire?" It might make me move back to Wisconsin.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I heart you!

    I also share a strong disdain for all things Farve. One would think that being a MS boy myself, I fully support him in all endeavors. I do not. I still root for the Packers, and now I root for the J-E-T-S (Jets, Jets, Jets) as well. Farve couldn't get them into the playoffs and Sanchez, a rookie QB, guided them to the AFC championship game the season after he left. I like Rodgers, especially the way he handled himself when this was playing out about 3 years ago. I'm sorry for rambling.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree, I think he misses training camp on purpose too! I'm sick of the drama ... just stay retired, dude! You're old! (well in football years at least). He is still hot though - I love him in "There's Something About Mary". To this day my husband and i refer to him as Brett "Fahv-rah" because of the way Ben Stiller says it in that movie.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm tired of his drama and have been for a couple of years.

    I've been a Vikings fan all my life (sorry!). I've never been a Favre fan (he beat the Vikes too often). Even when it looked like the Vikings were going to go to the Super Bowl, I looked at my husband and said, "For the record, I'm still not a Favre fan but would be happy to see the Vikings in the Super Bowl."

    Go Twins!

    ReplyDelete
  5. He should take up bowling and infiltrate that.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I actually don't mind the Vikings because several guys who graduated from my college and played for us now play with the Vikes. Sorry, Kinsey! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I feel your pain. Like you I wanted Brett's beautiful little babies. But he has now been relegated to my list of horrid sports mistakes along with the likes of A-Rod, Chipper Jones, and (dare I even say it?) Kobe Bryant. Yes, back when he was still the young golden boy doing commercials for Sprite I wanted Kobe so bad it wasn't funny. Oh, the shame! Now I just wish they would all go gently into that good night... so I don't have to hear about their personal screwups anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have a surprise for you on my blog!

    tynebodennecklaces.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love it - you said everything that I have been thinking. I will love Favre again when he retires for good, but who knows when that will be.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am not a big baseball fan. Yes, I know how can I not?

    I heard the name Favre in passing spoken among the male population of my household.

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOL "baby offer". You're adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  12. you are totally funny! i love it! I wanted you to know that i added you to my daily inspiration page of blog reads! You are there! check it out and let me know if you like it!

    I LOVE all your posts and look forward to them!!!

    www.justcherishtoday.com

    ReplyDelete