Sunday, May 16, 2010

Babysitter's Club

Yesterday I watched my nephew Connor, and niece Addie. We played Star Wars, ate pizza, went to the Castle park, treated ourselves to Coldstone ice cream, and ended the night with The Goonies.

Addie and Connor at the park



Connor, of course didn't want to watch the movie, but he did. And he, like Connor does, asked A LOT of questions.

"Who are those people? Who is that? Did they find the treasure yet? Why are they the Pepperelli's?" Is that a real dead body? How did they move that? Are they good guys? What are they trying to do? Why is that doing that?"

Addie added to the movie viewing experience with, "Uh oh" and "UP!"

I tried to answer Connor's questions, but he's hard to keep up with.

Who are those people? The Fratelli's
Who is that? The older brother
Did they find the treasure yet? Nope
Why are they the Pepperelli's? :) Not the Pepperelli's...the Fratelli's
Is that a real dead body? No, it's a fake one (I didn't want to scare him)
How did they move that? Magic (I wasn't really paying attention to that part of the movie)
Are they good guys? Yep
What are they trying to do? Make a lot of noise on the pipes, so people will hear them
Why is that doing that? Because they pounded on the pipes too hard
Can you turn this movie off? Yes

Connor got a little scared. He told me as he was putting on his pajamas: "I think I'm going to have bad dreams tonight." This coming from the same kid who loves Jurassic Park.

So we ended the night with Spongebob and Phineas and Ferb. If he had any bad dreams I'm blaming the talking sponge.

7 comments:

  1. Great post, it really made me smile :D And what a wonderful aunt you are, I wish mine had been willing to answer my numerous questions :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love The Goonies! That is such a cute movie. I used to be that kid asking lots of questions during the movie. I can still be that way. Only now I'm an adult..haha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww "the peperelli's"

    They're so cute! I like little kids with blond hair, they looklike two little dolls.:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your niece and nephew are adorable. You're a good aunt. Your siblings should consider themselves lucky.

    ReplyDelete
  5. He didn't have bad dreams!! They had a lot of fun with you. You are a great Aunt - I do consider myself very lucky. When you have kids (someday) I will play Star Wars with them, eat ice cream and make them watch scary movies!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kins,
    This was my first laugh of the morning!! How funny--I love ages 4 & 5 as that is the age they want to learn so much, like little sponges soaking up the information.
    Laughed at Kyr too--I'm surprised she didn't stress the word "MAKE them watch scary movies!!!"
    Yes, you are a wonderful aunt, with wonderful nieces and nephews:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Star Wars, ColdStone, and The Goonies. Will you adopt me?! I promise to keep my room clean... most of the time.

    ReplyDelete