Friday, March 12, 2010

My Run-In with the Dinosaur Phone

Last night I went out with some friends and was introduced to some new people. Upon meeting Ryan, who is a girl, (cool name, huh? I like it) I told her that I would probably facebook friend her soon, because she was a lot of fun, or I had one drink too many...jk, I really didn't. I still have to facebook friend her. I'll do it after I blog, because I didn't blog yesterday and I feel really guilty.

Anyway, Ryan and I are talking and she pulls out her brick of a phone. The bad boy Nokia. I didn't know those things still worked!!! Remember them? How could I forget them!?! My mom had one until about 3 years ago. It was my first cell phone in high school - oh the memories of trying to shove the three pound phone in my back pocket...good times!

Then Ryan pulls up the antenna. Holy crap, an antenna. This phone is so old school it is almost cool again.

I should've known it would come back in style. Everything comes back in style...so as I sit here with my Jane Fonda leg warmers and my white washed cut off jean shorts, I wonder how even more tubular I would look if I didn't throw out the Good Ole Unbreakable Mr. Incredible Nokia Beast.

12 comments:

  1. Ha. I think I had the model before you could pull the antenna out. One of the best phones I have ever owned. Now the blackberry is good because of the features, but that phone was legit. In fact, it was too legit, it was too legit to quit...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm suddenly feeling the urge to tight roll my jeans...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just found your blog through Jill at Life After College...I'm a follower now!
    At least she didn't have one of those bag phones...remember those? The ones that were actually ATTACHED to your car!
    Love that word tubular, by the way--maybe you can bring that back in style!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah, the Nokia was my first cell phone too - I remember thinking it was SO cool because you could buy the changeable face plates!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha now that's old school! I remember having an old school nokia phone. I had huge motorola too if I remember correctly. Clueless, anyone?:D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hahaha, yes - CLUELESS!!! I love that movie :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kinsey! :)

    Remember the old Motorola with the very long ticklish antenna? Now that phone is cool..you can attack people with it lol..

    Still reading your blog diligently:)

    cheers

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just traded in my old dinosaur of a phone for a brand spanking new blackberry. my old phone was one of the first PDAs, made in 2004 and yes, had an antenna.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Old Nokia = best phone for drunk college students.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey Girl...thanks for making me feel old. ;o) In high school, we had PAGERS. PUHAHAHAHAHAHA.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anyone remember the Zach Morris cell phone on Saved by the Bell.

    ReplyDelete